Green River Project Half-Moon Stool with Custom Bode Upholstery
This stool is made in collaboration with Green River Project, LLC.
- Coffee-stained Douglas fir half-moon stool w/ Bode corduroy II, 2019
- Douglas fir, Lauan, coffee and Bode hand-drawn corduroy
- 15.5H x 19W x 13.75 inches
In 1904, Purdue University seniors began a tradition of wearing — and later elaborately decorating — yellow corduroy pants, a practice that lasted for more than 60 years.
According to information from Purdue Libraries Archives and Special Collections, in fall 1904 some Purdue seniors noticed a bolt of corn colored corduroy fabric displayed in the window of Taylor Steffen Co., a tailor on Main Street in Lafayette.
The tradition evolved to include decorating the cords with lettering and drawings symbolizing the seniors’ fraternities, sororities, clubs, majors, home states, and other aspects of their lives. The original tradition is believed to have lasted until at least the early 1970s.
These stools are made to order. Please allow 12-15 weeks after purchase date. If you need this sooner, please do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
Available in our store.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device